Sunday, February 17, 2008

not going to be the first time nor the last time

It doesn't seem surprising that teaching is an energy sapping job. Ask any teacher and I am sure that none will disagree with this statement.

While some may disagree with my emotional outbursts with my kids, every teacher has their unique ways of dealing with their students. Knowing myself, it would be impossible to hide my feelings as I am a very passionate and emotional person despite many having the impression that I am quiet and reserved.

Hopefully my darlings will understand why such drama had to happen and they will improve their attitudes towards learning. Admittedly I am biased towards Geography, being a full-blooded geographer, it is difficult to separate the professional and personal vocation of spreading the gospel of Geography and juggling the job of getting results. Yes, I admit that I am getting very exam orientated because of my job constraints. Will I kill any interest in Geography by pushing them this hard? I have no idea. I can only hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home